The goal of the program is to reduce GHG emissions in Alberta.
- Energy Efficiency Alberta – Custom Energy Solutions program offers opportunities for the Alberta Food Processors facilities to follow a tailored pathway to reduced emissions and energy efficiency.
- Measures that can be funded via the custom program include:
- Building controls – highly applicable to multiple sites
- Heat recovery solutions
- Boiler system related items
- Compress Air Systems
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
- Lighting is out, but most everything else we will consider if it brings GHG tonne and has line of sight to a scheduled completion date.
- The process would be:
- Application the Energy Efficiency Alberta – Custom Energy Solutions.
- Scoping audits completed. (Funding available – up to 100% of costs). Note that party doing the audits would need to be approved as a program ally.
- Engineering studies funding available for larger projects (up to 100%, completed by program allies)
- Required for baseline on all projects. incentive differs >10,000 and <10,000 tonnes GHG
- Energy improvement plans.
- Results of plan evaluated for incentives; calculated on a fee per ton of GHG reduction basis.
- Application for incentive is done by program allies.
- Food Processors can elect to proceed or not based on final business case of measure after incentive calculations
- Measurement & Verification of measures is required prior to incentive payment
- The aggregate of the facilities (approx. 30-35,000 tCO2e) is not eligible a dedicated energy manager.
- >25,000 tonnes GHG footprint would be eligible for an energy manager. 5-25,000 eligible for SEM program.
Senior Account Manager
Custom Energy Solutions | Energy Efficiency Alberta
Improving performance for industries with high energy needs