AFPA, Ministry of Labour & WCB have partnered to respond to industry needs by offering the Partnership Program. This is a voluntary program that is designed to help you lower your premiums by encouraging injury prevention and the development of effective workplace health, safety and return-to-work plan.
Specifically, it can help you:
|Courses that are required in order to obtain/maintain your COR/SECOR:
By participating in this program, AFPA members have the opportunity to receive refunds up to 20% of their annual WCB premium by maintaining a COR.
(To determine the refund amount, 3 different perforamnce measures are used by WCB, the one that helps you achieve the greatest refund will be used)
At least 1 member of your existing team, (we suggest 2 or more) must complete our 5 courses (AFPA will, upon requrest, grant equivalency for the H&S Program Building course, possibly more). You can have 1 person with all 5 courses, or multiples of staff to combine for all 5, your choice. Problem with just one is...should they leave, you are out of compliance to your own program.
1) H&S Program Building (2 days; taken once - teaches how to adequately build your safety management system to meet all PIR/COR requirements)
2) Hazard Assessment & Control (1 day; taken once – teaches the methodology and legislated OH&S requirements of conducting hazard assessments, related worker involvement & training)
3) Roles & Responsibilities for Managers and Supervisors (1 day; refresher every 3 years, suggested for all those who direct the work of others, by any title – teaches the new legislated Ab. OH&S requirements, due diligence, legal expectations & ethical accountabilities of Managers, including the new ticketing/administrative penalties, and Bill 30 changes)
4) Incident & Accident Investigations (1 day; taken once, strongly suggested for all Supervisors – teaches the methodology of conducting formal and proper investigations, including legal Ab. OH&S requirements for reporting, protecting the scene, care of the injured, witnesses, media, investigation kit, and writing of the final ‘official’ report)
5) Internal Auditor (2 days; Program Buidling is a pre-requisite, taken once with a refresher every 3 years – teaches the methodology, approach, and various formal auditing requirements of the program in order to conduct internail audit.
NOTE: SECOR (10 or under employees) follow the same steps with the exception of an external audit)
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-201-3657 ext. 28.