AFPA is a Certifying Partner for the food, beverage & allied industries & offers the Partners program for achieving your Certificate of Recognition (COR). But you do not have to be registered in our Partnership program to benefit from our Health & Safety classes! There is no reason why you & your employees cannot enjoy both the value and benefits of good safety training. Raise morale & lower your lost time claims rate! You can save money on lost time, property damage & injuries that result from such accidents/events.
Book your onsite training for these course by contacting email@example.com or call 403-201-3657 ext.28.
Understanding Office Safety – provides general employee information about Office Safety, and to provide guidance to Managers and all office staff on the elements of safe office work. Topics to be covered are:
- Company H&S policy, safety program, related audits, and management commitment
- Hazard identification, risks and risk management in the office (yup, Sales people too!)
- Office Housekeeping, lighting, stairways, storage
- Office Inspection programs
- Your work station and set up (basic ergonomics)
- Manual handling, filing cabinets, waste disposal, electrical hazards, slips-trips-falls, hazardous substances
- Worker emergency response training, what every person must know
- Ab. OH&S Overview (clear, concise information every office based employee must know in Alberta)
- Office Security (General)
- Best practices and helpful tips
Fatigue Management – provides general information about workplace fatigue factors, fatigue management issues, shift work, and personal fatigue prevention tips and strategies. Topics to be covered are:
- Fatigue and Performance
- Causes of fatigue/systemic causes of fatigue
- Your body clock
- Fatigue Management/health management
- Family and social life
- Best practices and helpful tips
OH&S for Dummies – provides an easy to understand overview of employee Ab. OH&S responsibilities and accountabilities as per legislative requirements. Topics to be covered are:
- Safety Act-aspects of the law, Supervisor’s roles, workers roles, due diligence, ticketing/penalties
- Safety Regulations-aspects of regulation for controlled products, general protection of workers
- Safety Code-aspects of minimum requirements for all occupational activities, competent worker, offences
Performing Proper Workplace Inspections – provides general guidance and best practices for performing proper workplace inspections. A well-managed workplace inspection program is an excellent tool to determine potential problems, assess procedures and equipment risks, as well as observe and talk to your workers to prevent injury or loss. Completing the report, capturing in detail your observations and recommendations, having them reviewed by management, making required changes or improvements and following up to ensure effectiveness is very important to any successful inspection program. Topics to be covered are:
- Completion of Inspections can…12 common results
- Types of Inspections
- 12 Steps to good planned inspections
- Analyzing the information, determine basic causes
- Corrective actions
- Communicating findings, improvements, training
Joint Health & Safety Committees – provides general guidance and best practices for the development, implementation, and maintenance of an effective JH&S Committee. Includes clearly defined roles, responsibilities, functions, and a terms of reference. This training will provide participants with an insight to their duties, key industry standards, and compliance to applicable Ab. OH&S legislation. Topics to be covered are:
- Purpose and Goals
- What is a JH&S Committee, legislated or voluntary?
- Benefits of a JH&S Committee
- Committee Functions and Authorization
- Sub Committees
- Measuring Committee Effectiveness
- What JH&S Committee members should know
- Sample Terms of Reference
WHMIS 2015 (GHS) Train-the-Trainer – What you need to know to run an effective WHMIS 2015 training session in your organization. Updated information on the GHS transition, new training, and compliance requirements. Easy to understand materials are suitable for low literacy levels.
Comes with a Trainer Manual, a Participant Manual, quizzes, answer keys, etc.
Visit our resources section for other training and resources.