AFPA as a Certifying Partner (CP)
In collaboration with the Government of Alberta & WCB, AFPA acts as a CP and offers a Partnership Program for companies to achieve their Certificate of Recognition (COR).
Certificate of Recognition (COR) & Small Employer Certificate of Recognition (SECOR)
Train or Develop your Program with us!
You do not have to be in the Partnership program to benefit from our Health & Safety courses (public or in-house) & our services! There is no reason why you cannot enjoy the value and benefits of good safety training. Raise morale & lower your lost time claims rate! You can save money on lost time, property damage & injuries that result from accidents.
AFPA’s OHS or Farm Safety Program Development
AFPA offers customized development, instruction and professional guidance for all your workplace safety needs - whether developing your program (+manual), making improvements or maintaining the program that you currently have in place. AFPA can assist your team by creating, developing and implementing your health and safety management system for compliance. Same for Farm Safety, based on required AB OHS and Farm Safety legislation, Agricultural Safety groups, and accepted farming industry standards - in 4 distinct parts.
AFPA will provide administrative, planning, functional tasks related to implementing and/or improving your required health and safety programs (all 10 elements) over a 4-6 months period.
OHS & COR Program Details...
- Let AFPA build you a customized, formal, fully compliant company Health & Safety management system with company safety program manual - assisting with implementation and training.
- AFPA will create, develop and help you to implement your Health & Safety management system, which will include the 10 required elements: per legislation and PIR/COR criteria.
- AFPA also provides critical supporting safety program documents, such as: Emergency Response Plans, PPE Care & Use Training, 25+ Safe Work Practices, Basic Fire Extinguisher Training, Code of Practice-Respirators, Hazard Assessments for Office/Admin & Meat Cutting, Inspections, Investigations, HSC Terms of Ref/Agenda/Minutes/Recommendation, Contractor Pre-Qual, Safety Rules and Training Posters, etc.
- When completed, usually 4 to 6 months-includes implementation, you will have: a formal, recognized H&S program in place, a company H&S manual, and USB stick with the entire program and would be well positioned to attain the COR safety designation for your organization.
Farm Safety’ Program Details...
- Let AFPA build you a customized, formal Farm Safety management system having a specific farm safety focus with a program manual - assisting with implementation and training.
- AFPA will create, develop and help to implement your Farm Safety management system, includes key elements: Farm Safety policy, OHS/Farm & Ranch Overview, and Basic Requirements. Further includes: Animals & their Environment, Dust, Dust Control, Horses, Zoonotic Disease, Ammonia & Emissions, Methane/Silo Gases, H2S, Respiratory Protection, Chemicals & Use, Air Quality, Safe Transport of Farm Equipment, Harvest, ATV’s, Tractors, Rollovers, Lifting, Worker Safety, Working Alone and Hand Signals.
- AFPA will also include an Employee & Operations Farm Safety Handbook, for ease of consistent worker & family member orientations, training and operational reference.
- AFPA also provides critical supporting farm safety program documents, such as: Emergency Response Plans, Inspections, Investigations, PPE Care & Use Training, 20+ Safe Farm Practices, Basic Fire Extinguisher Training, Code of Practice-Respirators, HSC or HSR Terms of Ref/Agenda/Minutes/Recommendation, Training Posters, Glossary of Terms, Key References, etc.
- When completed, usually 4 to 6 months-includes implementation, you will have: a formal, ‘farm safety’ program in place, a farm safety manual, and USB stick with the entire program.
Contact email@example.com to discuss either great safety program offer...compliance and providing a safe working environment really is all it’s cracked up to be!
All workers should come home safely at the end of their workday, from the first shirt right through to retirement. That become possible when government, employers and workers collaborate to create a healthy and safe workplaces. A combination of best practices, education, awareness, and complicance with occupational health and safety (OHS) laws helps achieve that goal. By taking action before an incident occures, workplace illnesses/injuries can be prevented. We accomplish this by empowering workers, and enforcing workplace health and safety laws.
THE 3 BASIC RIGHTS: Workers have the right:
- to know about workplace hazards and how their employer plans to address them.
- to particpate in health and safety at their worplaces, such as serving as the health and safety representative or on the committee.
- to refuse dangerous work and are protected for reprisals for exercising this right.
Food & Beverage Health & Safety (F&BHSO) Designation
For those individuals wishing to achieve formal recognition for their commitment to workplace safety in the food & beverage industry. This designation follows the same basic principles and requirements as the ACSA’s NCSO or the MHSA’s MSO designations. Read more F&BHSO program.
See AFPA's Workplace Health & Safety Course lineup or visit our resources section.